|FOE Exam Sched||Application Period|
|April 24, 2022||No longer accepting applicants|
|October 23, 2022||August 18 to September 1, 2022|
It must be remembered that the supposed October 2021 examination was canceled due to the pandemic.
The main purpose of the fire officer exam is to establish eligibility to be appointed to second-level ranks in the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP).
Fire Officer Exam Testing Centers
The Fire Officer Exam (FOE) will be held across multiple centers within the nation.
|I||San Fernando City|
|III||City of San Fernando|
|X||Cagayan de Oro City|
General Santos City
Fire Officer Qualifications
Those who are interested to take the FOE should take note of the qualifications set by the Civil Service Commission.
- Filipino citizens between 21 to 35 years old at the time of filing.
- Bachelors degree holder
- Good moral character (has not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime).
- Mentally and physically fit.
- Has not been dishonorably discharged from military service, or dismissed caused from any civilian position in the government.
☛ BFP has no height requirement.
☛ Age requirement doesn’t apply to incumbent employees of BFP.
☛ Passers of the PRC Board and Bar exam need not take the FOE.
☛ Career Service Exam (CSE) – Professional level passers may opt not to take the FOE.
☛ Exempt under special laws: honor graduate, scientific & technological specialist, and Sanggunian member.
Exam Application Requirements
- Fully accomplished CS Form No. 100 Revised September 2016.
- Original and photocopy of your valid ID.
- Four (4) pcs passport size pictures.
- Examination fee of Php 700.00 (non-refundable).
 – The spaces for the signature and thumbmark should be left blank. These shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC application processor.
 – Not expired on the date of filing.
 – White background, and is taken within 3 months before the filing of the application. No eyeglasses, colored contact lenses, or any accessories that may cover your facial features. No photoshop, please.
FOE coverage and other info
The Fire Officer Exam has a total of 160 items that need to be completed within 3 hours and 5 minutes. It covers the following topics:
- General Ability (25%)
- Specialized Area (75%)
- Fire suppression (30%)
- Fire Safety and Prevention (20%)
- Fire Investigation (15%)
- Administrative Matters (10%)
You should get a general rating of at least 80% to pass the Fire Officer Exam.
The Fire Officer Exam will start at 8:00 AM and will end at 11:05 AM. Be at the testing center no later than 6:30 AM.
- Examinees who have no face mask and face shield are not allowed to take the exam.
- No ID card, no exam.
- Wear proper attire, preferably a plain white shirt. Don’t wear sleeveless, shorts, ripped jeans, and slippers.
- Long hair must be tied into a ponytail.
- Examinees are not allowed to bring the following:
- pens or eyeglasses with a built-in camera
- wristwatches with calculator
- books and other printed materials
- Using any aid in answering the test is not allowed.
- Do not bring the test booklet outside the testing venue.
Things to bring
- ID card – preferably the same ID presented during filing of application
- Black ballpen
- Health Declaration Form
- Personal alcohol or hand sanitizer
 If you lost your ID card, just present any accepted valid ID. Photocopy of ID card or cellphone photo ID will not be accepted. If an ID card has no date of birth, just bring an original PSA-issued birth certificate.
 Accomplish the Health Declaration Form (HDF) not earlier than one (1) day or within 24 hours prior to the exam day.
The Civil Service Commission (CSC) uses a highly reliable system to detect cheating.
Cheating refers to any act or omission before, during, or after any exam that will directly (or indirectly) undermine the integrity of the exam. It’s criminally and administratively punishable under Republic Act No. 9416.
Cheating comes in forms, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Use of “kodigo” containing codes in any form.
3. Employing a “poste” that may provide answers.
4. Collusion of whatever nature between examinees and examiner.
5. Examinee number switching.
6. Unauthorized possession, use, reproduction, and dissemination of exam-related materials.
7. Possession or use of fake eligibility.
8. Other acts that facilitate passing the exam.
Bringing the test booklet outside the testing room/venue is strictly prohibited. The test results of those found violating this rule shall be canceled.