Last July 1, 2022, the Philippine Science High School System (PSHSS) started accepting applications from incoming Grades 8 & 9 for lateral admissions for the School Year 2022–2023 through its Lateral Admission Qualifying Exam (LAQE).
→ July 1–15, 2022 – application period
→ August 1, 2022 – online examination
Premier science high school education begins at DOST-PSHS. Colloquially known as PISAY, it is the leading science high school in the Asia Pacific Region preparing students to become globally competitive Filipino scientists equipped with 21st-century skills.
A student who has finished Grade 7 / Grade 8 (under the high school curriculum or the new K-12 curriculum) outside of the PSHS System may be allowed admission/entry to the PSHS, provided s/he fulfills the following requirements:
- a Filipino citizen with no pending application as an immigrant to any foreign country
- belongs to the upper 5% of his/her class or should have a grade of 85% and above in all subjects
- should have a character rating of at least Very Satisfactory (VS) or its equivalent
- must pass the qualifying examination in each of the following three (3) subjects:
- English (Communication Arts)
Submit the following documents on or before July 25, 2022 to the nearest PSHS Campus.
Applicants can email the application form to the campus where they will be applying.
Applicants can also submit the hard copy of the application form to the campus registrar and pay the processing fee to the campus cashier.
- an accomplished application form which includes certification from parents of no pending application for immigration in any foreign country
- certification from the present school enrolled in, regarding academic grades and character rating (included in the application forms)
- photocopy of the student’s report card, with the original copy, brought along for verification purposes
- two (2) recent 1×1 pictures
- a non-refundable processing fee of Php 300.00
PSHS will no longer issue a LAQE test permit since the exam is online. The Admissions Office and/or the campus registrar shall email to applicants the LAQE details to access the online exam.
Last year, the PSHS System Admissions Office conducted the LAQE through an asynchronous online test.
For queries regarding the submission of application and to prevent the spread of misinformation, the PSHS System would like to remind the general public to get their information only from the PSHS System Office of Admissions thru:
Landline: (02) 89397747