→ PMA Entrance Examination (PMAEE) schedule for the year 2022 has not been announced yet.
PMA Entrance Exam 2022 schedule
They may release the PMAEE 2022 schedule around May of this year or later depending on the fluid situation of the COVID-19 pandemic. Bookmark this page for more updates.
The Philippine Military Academy (PMA) is the premier military academy for Filipinos aspiring for a commission as a military officer of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).
Patterned after the United States Military Academy, PMA is the training school for future officers of the AFP.
Tuition and monthly allowances are fully funded by the government in exchange for an active duty service obligation upon graduation.
Benefits and privileges
Successful applicants will become PMA cadets. As a cadet, you will enjoy the following benefits and privileges:
- Free college education with a well-rounded curriculum
- Monthly pay and allowances
- Specialized professional training for military
- Exceptional training and billeting facilities
- Training requirements are all provided
PMA graduates have a progressive career as an officer in the Army, Navy, or Airforce. You’ll have the privilege and honor of servicing our country.
RELATED ARTICLE: PNP ENTRANCE EXAM SCHED
Before you apply, please check if you have what it takes to become a member of the Cadet Corps Armed Forces of the Philippines (CCAFP).
- Natural-born Filipino citizen.
- Must pass the PMA Entrance Examination (PMAEE). See update.
- Physically fit and of good moral character.
- Single and has never been married, pregnant (female), or has a legal obligation to support a child.
- Senior High School Graduate (Graduate 12) with a GWA of 85% or higher.
- No criminal or administrative case.
- At least 5 feet tall.
- At least 17 years old but no more than 22 years old on April 1 of this year.
NOTE: Aside from the PMAEE, cadet candidates must also undergo and pass a series of testing, like, physical, medical, and neuro-psychiatric tests.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT) events
- 3.2km run
- pull-ups (male) / flex-arm hang (female)
PMA medical disqualifications
- any communicable disease
- physical deformities
- other medical conditions determined by AFP
- Duly accomplished Application Form
- Photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate
- Photocopy of Form 137 / Form 138 / Report Card, or;
- Transcript of Records (TOR) that indicates the latest GPA
- 2×2 photo ID with white background, taken within 6 months
Online application process
- Go to the Cadet Application System. Create a new account by clicking the Sign-up button (pencil icon) on the upper-right corner of the screen. Fill out the spaces with the required information then click the next button to continue. Please provide a valid and active e-mail address when signing up. If you already have an account, click the Sign-in button instead.
- After doing so, the system will send you a verification code to the email you provided. Copy and paste it into the box with the label “Verification Code” to complete your application. After submitting the verification code, you will be automatically logged in to the system.
- Provide the necessary information like Personal Information, Educational Background, Requirements, and Survey. Fill up the online application form then upload the scanned copies of your PSA Birth Certificate and Senior High School Form 137 or 138 (with name and grades). These files must be in either PDF or JPEG format. Uploaded PDF files must not exceed 20MB per file while the JPEG ones must not exceed 1MB in size. Please be mindful of the size of your files because any excess in file size will invalidate your attaching process.
- After completing all the requirements, you will be notified that your application will be validated.
- During the validation phase, PMA will determine if you are qualified to take the PMAEE based on the requirements that you have uploaded to your account.
- Once your application has been approved, you will receive a notification in your account that you can download your EXAM PERMIT. If you are disapproved, you will likewise receive a note stating the reason why you got disqualified.
- Download and print your exam permit. Bring it to the examination center on the day of the examination. Do not forget to bring this document. You will not be allowed to take the exam without the permit.
PMAEE mail-in application process
Using the PMAEE application form, you may send your application for the PMA Entrance Exam via mail/courier service. Please refer to the guidelines below:
- Indicate your exam center code as indicated on the second page of the PMA cadet application form
- Write your personal information as required in the space provided and check the appropriate boxes. Make it legible.
- Indicate your educational attainment and the name of the school you’ve last attended. If you’re an undergraduate, write the number of units taken during college.
- Affix your signature and thumbmarks to certify the accuracy of the information.
- Attached 2 pieces of 2×2 photo ID with white background, taken within 6 months. Write your complete name and signature at the back of the photo.
Send your application requirements to this address:
OFFICE OF THE CADET RECRUITMENT AND ADMISSION
Philippine Military Academy
Fort Gregorio del Pilar, 2602
Wait for the Office of the Cadet Recruitment and Admission’s response to be sent to the email address that you have provided on your application form.
RELATED ARTICLE: 5 RESEARCHED-BASED TECHNIQUES TO PASS THE PMAEE
Walk-in application process
Applicants who were not able to apply online or by mail can still take the PMAEE as a walk-in applicant. Just bring the following:
- Photocopy of PSA birth certificate.
- Photocopy of Form 137/138 or Transcript of Records
- 2×2 photo ID with white background
- Valid ID (preferably school or driver’s license. See the list of valid IDs here)
- 2 pencils (No. 2)
RELATED ARTICLE: IS NSO BIRTH CERTIFICATE STILL VALID
PMA Contact Numbers
PLDT: (074) 442-5520
Globe: (0906) 546-6989
Smart: (0919) 068-0877, (0919) 068-0878
I’m currently a Grade 12 student. Can I take the PMAEE?
Yes. Current Grade 12 students can take the exam given they meet the other qualifications.
I applied to take the exam at a particular center. Can I take the exam at another center?
Yes. Just go to the exam center and inform the proctor about your situation.
Is there a limit as to how many times I can take the exam?
No. If you failed the exam last year, you can retake it.
I applied both online and by mail but didn’t receive a permit or notice. What happened?
Check the master list to verify if you are qualified to take the exam. Contact the Office of the Cadet Admission if you think there’s a mistake.
What are the things I should bring during the exam day?
A photocopy of your PSA Birth Certificate and Grades, 2×2 ID Picture, a valid ID (preferably school/driver’s license), and at least 2 pencils (no. 2)
Can I go straight to the exam center on exam day?
YES, but you will be the last priority. Priority will be given to regular applicants. Proctors usually bring only a limited number of exam materials.
How much is the exam fee?
The PMA Entrance Exam (PMAEE) is FREE.
What is the exam coverage?
PMAEE exam covers Algebra, Geometry, Grammar & Composition, Reading Comprehension, Verbal/Numerical Reasoning, and Pattern Analysis.
How long is the exam?
On examination day, the whole morning (7:00 AM to 11:00 AM) will be for administrative aspects of the exam (fill up forms, limited physical examination, etc.). The exam proper will start at exactly 12:00 noon and will last up to 4:30 P.M.