Overview: SM Foundation is the corporate responsibility arm of the SM Group of Companies. The foundation has various areas of advocacy including education, scholarship programs, and building schoolhouses.
The main purpose of the SM Scholarship is to help poor but deserving students to achieve their dreams by giving them college or technical-vocational scholarships.
Aside from being able to choose a program, SM scholars also enjoy free full tuition fees, monthly allowance, and other benefits including the following:
- Part-time job opportunities during semestral and Christmas break
- Exclusive job offers upon graduation
Successful applicants have the privilege to choose any course that specializes in accounting, information technology, engineering, and education. This includes the following 15 courses:
- BS in Accountancy
- BS in Accounting Information Systems
- BS in Accounting Technology
- BS in Civil Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Electronics and Communications Engineering/ BS In Electronics Engineering/ BS in Electronics Engineering
- BS in Elementary Education
- BS in Information Technology
- BS in Internal Auditing
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Secondary Education major in Biology, Chemistry, General Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, English
- BSBA in Financial Management
- BSBA in Management Accounting
- Grade 12 graduates from public or private schools in the areas covered.
- The general weighted average grade is at least 92% or its equivalent for Grades 12 (1st semester).
- Total household income of at most Php 250,000 per year.
Note: Applicants from private schools must have a DepEd voucher and must be Grade 10 finishers from public high schools.
The SM scholarship is available for all deserving Grade 12 graduating students in selected areas in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
Albay, Bataan, Batangas, Benguet, Bulacan, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Cavite, Isabela, Laguna, NCR, Nueva Ecija, Palawan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Quezon, Rizal, Sorsogon, Tarlac, Zambales
Capiz, Cebu, Iloilo, Leyte, Negros Occidental.
Agusan del Norte, Davao del Sur, Misamis Oriental, South Cotabato, Zamboanga del Sur.
When applying to become an SM scholar, prepare to upload online the following documentary requirements:
- Either of the following:
- Guardian’s Income Tax Return
- Certification of Non-Filing of Income
- Certificate of Indigency
- Latest Grade 12 report card
- Birth Certificate
- Two (2) copies of the recent 2×2 ID picture
- Sketch of home to the nearest SM Mall
For applicants with an existing account, you may log in directly and review your application. Otherwise, just follow the online application process flow.
Step 1. Apply online
Accomplish the online application form and upload all the required documents.
Step 2. Processing and evaluation
SM Foundation will assess the submitted application forms and documents. The applicant will receive an email notification regarding the status of the application (e.g. “Declined” or “For Exam”).
Step 3. Examination
The schedule of the online exam as well as the results of the exam will be sent via email.
Step 4. Interview
Successful examinees will be interviewed via Google Meet by SM Foundation. The schedule and results of the interview will be sent via email.
Step 5. Home visit
To those who will pass the interview, the SM Foundation team will conduct random virtual home visits via Google Meet.
Step 6. Confirmation of school and course
Successful applicants will be notified via phone call or email to confirm their course and school of choice.
Step 7. Orientation & contract signing
An email notification with the schedule of orientation and contract signing will be sent to the successful applicants.
SM Scholarship is one of the most sought-after privately-funded scholarships in the country. While the application already ended early this year, don’t be discouraged because you may still apply next year.