UPDATE: Online application for SM Scholarship already ended last March 15, 2022. If you want to apply next year, read this article carefully to learn more about the program eligibility, application, and requirements
SM Foundation is the corporate responsibility arm of the SM Group of Companies. The foundation has various areas of advocacy including education, scholarship programs, and building schoolhouses.
The main purpose of the SM Scholarship Program is to help poor but deserving students to achieve their dreams by giving them college or technical-vocational scholarships.
SM Scholarship benefits
Aside from being able to choose a program, SM scholars also enjoy the following benefits:
- Full tuition
- Monthly allowance
- Part-time job opportunities during semestral and Christmas break
- Exclusive job offers upon graduation
SM Scholarship courses
SM Scholars can choose any of the courses that specialize in accounting, information technology, engineering, and education.
- BS in Accountancy
- BS in Accounting Information Systems
- BS in Accounting Technology
- BS in Civil Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Electronics and Communications Engineering/ BS In Electronics Engineering/ BS in Electronics Engineering
- BS in Elementary Education
- BS in Information Technology
- BS in Internal Auditing
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Secondary Education major in Biology, Chemistry, General Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, English
- BSBA in Financial Management
- BSBA in Management Accounting
- Grade 12 graduates from public or private schools in the areas covered.
- The general weighted average grade is at least 88% or its equivalent.
- Total household income of at most Php 150,000 per year.
Note: Applicants from private schools must have a DepEd voucher and must be Grade 10 finishers from public high schools.
Albay, Bataan, Batangas, Benguet, Bulacan, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Cavite, Isabela, Laguna, NCR, Nueva Ecija, Palawan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Quezon, Rizal, Sorsogon, Tarlac, Zambales
Capiz, Cebu, Iloilo, Leyte, Negros Occidental.
Agusan del Norte, Davao del Sur, Misamis Oriental, South Cotabato, Zamboanga del Sur.
When applying as SM Scholar, prepare to upload online the following documentary requirements:
- Parent’s or Guardian’s Income Tax Return / Certification of Non-Filing of Income / Certificate of Indigency
- Latest Grade 12 report card
- Birth Certificate
- 2×2 ID picture
- Sketch of home to the nearest SM Mall
SM Scholarship online process
For applicants with an existing account, you may log in directly and review your application. Otherwise, just follow the online application process flow.
1. Apply online
2. Processing and evaluation
SM Foundation will assess the submitted application forms and documents. The applicant will receive an email notification regarding the status of the application (e.g. “Declined” or “For Exam”).
3. Online exam
The schedule of the online exam as well as the results of the exam will be sent via email.
4. Online interview
Successful examinees will be interviewed via Google Meet by SM Foundation. The schedule and results of the interview will be sent via email.
5. Virtual home visit
To those who will pass the interview, the SM Foundation team will conduct random virtual home visits via Google Meet.
6. Confirmation of school and course
7. Orientation & contract signing
An email notification with the schedule of orientation and contract signing will be sent to the successful applicants.
SM Scholarship is one of the most sought-after privately-funded scholarships in the country. While the application already ended early this year, don’t be discouraged because you may still apply next year.