Get a scholarship from the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) and pursue a bachelor’s degree related to science and technology.
This merit-based scholarship was established to attract talented Pinoys to pursue careers in science and technology, to ensure a steady and adequate supply of human resources for national progress.
As science and technologies increasingly dominate every area of modern life, graduates in this field are likely to find themselves in higher demand. As this “subject of the future” grows in scope and popularity, you now have the chance to study at some of the country’s most prestigious institutions.
TIP: If you want to apply next year, read this article carefully to learn more about the program eligibility, application requirements, and the screening and selection process.
2023 DOST-SEI scholarship results and qualifiers
NEW! There were 9,776 incoming 1st-year college students who qualified for the 2023 DOST-SEI Undergraduate S&T Scholarship Program.
5,561 qualified as scholars under the RA 7687 Scholarship Program, which is a scholarship for academically talented students of economically disadvantaged families. Meanwhile, 4,215 qualified under the DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program. In addition, 1,224 more potential qualifiers are also under consideration, pending revalidation of some requirements.
The list of names can be accessed at https://dlu8.science-scholarships.ph/.
Who may apply
- Incoming 1st-year college students who have not earned any post-secondary (college or vocational) units.
- STEM strand: All students belonging to this strand may apply.
- Non-STEM: Must be in the top 5% of the graduating class can apply.
- Pre-K12 program: Must belong to the top 5% of the class.
- Must have grades in Grades 9, 10, and 11.
- Must be of good moral character and in good health.
- May have taken the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination but did not qualify for the scholarship; OR may have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail of the award.
DOST requires applicants to submit Forms A to G which are all available in the Application Form/System. Please prepare all the necessary attachments when completing the online application form.
- Personal Information (Form A)
- Household Information Questionnaire (Form B)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character (Form C)
- Certificate of Good Health (Form D)
- Principal’s Certification (Form E1 or E2)
- Certificate of Residency (Form F)
- Parent’s Certification(Form G)
- Applicant’s Certification (Form H)
- Signed Declaration by the applicant and the Parent/Legal Guardian (Form I)
- Recent 1×1 picture
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Parent/s 2019 Income Tax Return / W2 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Cert. of
- Exemption from Filing of ITR / Brgy. Cert. of Indigency
Benefits and privileges
As a DOST scholar, you don’t have to worry about paying the majority of your tuition, miscellaneous, and other school fees. You will also get a monthly allowance or stipend every semester which will be released directly to the scholars.
The breakdown of DOST benefits is as follows:
During regular semester
|Tuition and other school fees||Php 40,000 per year|
|Book allowance||Php 10,000 per year|
|Group Health and Accident Insurance||Premium|
|Transportation allowance||1 economy-class roundtrip fare|
|Monthly living allowance||Php 7,000 per month|
|Thesis allowance||Php 10,000|
|Graduation clothing allowance||Php 1,000|
|Clothing allowance||Php 1,000 (1st sem of 1st year only)|
During summer (if required)
|Tuition and other school fees||Actual fees up to P10,000|
|Monthly Living Allowance||P7,000 per month|
DOST has created an online application system called E-Scholarship Application System. Create an account and register. Prepare also to upload all the necessary documents.
The following courses are the programs and study placement covered by the DOST scholarship:
- Bachelor in Mathematics Education
- Bachelor in Technology and Livelihood Education with Specialization in Information and Communications
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- BS Aeronautical Engineering
- BS Aerospace Engineering
- BS Agribusiness
- BS Agribusiness Management
- BS Agribusiness Management and Entrepreneurship
- BS Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- BS Agricultural Biotechnology
- BS Agricultural Chemistry
- BS Agricultural Economics
- BS Agricultural Engineering
- BS Agricultural Technology
- BS Agriculture
- BS Animal Husbandry
- BS Animal Science
- BS Applied Mathematics
- BS Applied Mathematics major in Mathematical Finance
- BS Applied Physics
- BS Applied Physics with Applied Computer System
- BS Applied Physics with Materials Science and Engineering
- BS Applied Statistics
- BS Architecture
- BS Astronomy
- BS Astronomy Technology
- BS Basic Medical Sciences
- BS Biochemistry
- BS Biology
- BS Biology for Teachers
- BS Biotechnology
- BS Ceramics Engineering
- BS Chemical Engineering
- BS Chemistry
- BS Chemistry for Teachers
- BS Chemistry with Applied Computer Systems
- BS Chemistry with Materials Science and Engineering
- BS Civil Engineering
- BS Clothing Technology
- BS Community Nutrition
- BS Computer Engineering
- BS Computer Science
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Electronics and Communications Engineering
- BS Electronics Engineering
- BS Environmental Science
- BS Fisheries
- BS Food Science and Technology
- BS Food Technology
- BS Forestry
- BS Geodetic Engineering
- BS Geography
- BS Geology
- BS Geothermal Engineering
- BS Health Science
- BS Human Biology
- BS Industrial Design
- BS Industrial Engineering
- BS Industrial Management Engineering-Information Technology
- BS Industrial Pharmacy
- BS Information and Communications Technology
- BS Information System
- BS Information Technology
- BS Information Technology Systems
- BS Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- BS Life Sciences
- BS Management Information Systems
- BS Manufacturing Engineering
- BS Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Biomedical Engineering
- BS Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Mechatronics and Robotics
- BS Marine Biology
- BS Marine Science
- BS Materials Engineering
- BS Mathematics
- BS Mathematics and Science Teaching
- BS Mathematics for Teachers
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS Mechatronics Engineering
- BS Medical Laboratory Science
- BS Medical Technology
- BS Metallurgical Engineering
- BS Meteorology
- BS Microbiology
- BS Mining Engineering
- BS Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- BS Nutrition
- BS Nutrition and Dietetics
- BS Packaging Engineering
- BS Petroleum Engineering
- BS Pharmaceutical Sciences
- BS Pharmacy (4-year program)
- BS Pharmacy major in Clinical Pharmacy (5-year program)
- BS Physics
- BS Physics for Teachers
- BS Psychology
- BS Public Health
- BS Speech Pathology
- BS Statistics
- BSE Biological Sciences
- BSE Biology
- BSE Biology-Chemistry 
- BSE Chemistry
- BSE General Sciences
- BSE Mathematics
- BSE Physical Sciences
- BSE Physics
- BSE Physics-Chemistry
- BSE Physics-Mathematics
- BSE Science
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- UP System only
- ADMU only, 4 years
- DLSU only
- USC only, 4 years
- DLSU only, 3 years
- UPM only, 4 years
Frequently Asked Questions
I finished Grade 12 but did not immediately go to college. Can I apply?
Yes, you can apply as long as you didn’t earn any college or vocational units prior to your application.
Can I pursue a degree that’s not listed in the approved programs?
No. Only those S&T priority programs are allowed.
For now, that’s all you need to know. If you’re planning to apply for the DOST Scholarship for the next school year, please prepare all the requirements in advance if possible.
Please contact the S&T Scholarship Division for further questions.
Tel. No.: (02) 8837-2071 local 2382
For other scholarship opportunities, please visit our scholarship page.