How to Become a PhilHealth Member as a Student

Learn how to become a PhilHealth member even if you're still a student with or without a job.

The Philippine government has announced recently that college students need to register with PhilHealth—which is the state health insurance—to participate in face-to-face classes[1].

PhilHealth has guaranteed that in case—knock on wood—students get hospitalized for COVID-19, they will get a financial benefit of up to Php 43,000 for mild cases and up to Php 786,000 for critical and severe cases.

Can students become PhilHealth members?

Yes, students can apply and become a member of PhilHealth which is the state health insurance of the Philippines. The contribution depends on your age and financial capability.

Students below 21 years old

If you are a young adult who is considered a dependent to your parents, then you can remain on your parent’s PhilHealth insurance plan until you turn 21 years old[2].

This is applicable if your parent has Philhealth. This may be the best setup if you’re still a student and live in the same house as your parents.

To register, the principal member must go to the PhilHealth office and submit their PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) declaring you as one of the dependents.

(Below 21 years old)
Legitimate or illegitimateAny of the following:
a. Birth certificate; OR
b. Any valid IDs
AdoptedCourt Decree/resolution of adoption; AND any of the following:
a. Birth certificate; OR
b. Any 2 valid IDs
StepchildrenAny of the following:
a. Birth certificate; OR
b. Any 2 valid IDs
Required supporting documents to be attached with PMRF.
PurposeID Requirements
1.1 For 18 years old and abovea. Baptismal Certificate
b. GSIS/SSS Member’s ID
c. Passport
d. Driver’s License
f. NBI Clearance
g. Police clearance
h. Voter’s ID
i. Postal ID
j. Senior Citizen card
l. DSWD or LSWDO certification
m. IBP card
n. Company ID
o. Barangay certification
1.2 For minors below 18 years olda. Certificate of live birth
b. Baptismal certificate
c. School ID
d. Passport
e. Police clearance
f. Alien Certification of Registration
g. National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
h. DSWD or LSWDO Certification
i. IBP card
j. Barangay certification
Proof of relationshipa. Certificate of live birth
b. Baptismal certificate
c. DSWD or LSWDO Certification
d. Barangay certification
List of valid IDs acknowledged by PhilHealth.