— Passing the Licensure Examination for Professional Teachers is a necessary step for individuals aiming to pursue a career in teaching education. With the recent announcement of the LET 2023, examinees can strategically plan their schedule for review and application process to give them the best chances for success.
Because of the large number of examinees — and to comply with the established health protocols — PRC will conduct the LET exam in two sessions this year: one in March and another in September.
LET/LEPT exam schedule 2023
The Professional Regulation Commission released the new schedule of the Licensure Exam for Professional Teachers or LEPT for the year 2023.
|Exam Schedule||Application Period|
|September 24, 2023||Jun 23 to Aug 24, 2023|
September LET exam:
- Exam date: September 24, 2023
- Start of application: June 23, 2023
- End of Application: August 24, 2023
Note: Stay updated by visiting the PRC website for announcements and updates on the official LET exam schedule for 2023.
Exam coverage and topics
The 2023 licensure exam for teachers will be open to all BEEd and BSEd graduates under the new curriculum.
This year will be the first year that the PRC will use the Enhanced Table of Specifications. That means that the 2023 LET exam will undoubtedly bring about changes and updates to the licensure examination, reflecting developments and advancements in the field of education and testing technology.
|General Education||40%||2 hours|
|Professional Education||60%||3 hours|
|General Education||20%||2 hours|
|Professional Education||40%||3 hours|
Requirements and qualifications
- PSA or NSO Birth Certificate.
- PSA or NSO Marriage Contract (for married female applicants).
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes”.
- Payment of Php 900.00.
- Elementary teachers should be graduates of BSEd.
- Secondary teachers should have a bachelor’s degree in education or its equivalent with a major and minor and the degrees which shall be considered equivalent; must have taken at least 18 units in Professional Education or a bachelor’s degree in arts and sciences with at least ten units in professional education.
Exam day requirements
- Official Receipt of payment of application of examination.
- 1 piece long transparent white plastic envelope (for keeping your valuables and other allowed items).
- 1 piece long size brown envelope.
- 2 or more pencils (No. 2).
- Black ballpoint pen.
- Health Forms
- Negative RT-PCR Test Results, if applicable, or Certificate of Quarantine or Certificate or copy of Vaccination Card for fully vaccinated examinees.
The commission will notify you once you’ve paid the exam fee and are done with the entire application process.
If for some reason you will not receive any notification or will not be included in the official examinee list, you need to contact the Regional Office where you applied for the upcoming LEPT/LET.
Exam tips and strategies
Bonus: Check out our free LET reviewer. FREE full-blown practice test that covers Prof Ed, Gen Ed, and Major subjects. Download it in PDF form or take the mock exam via Google Quiz. Say thank you by sharing it with others.
We recommend reading the following articles to learn key strategies that’ll help you make big improvements on tests.
- 13 Tips from Repeaters: How to pass LET the First Time
- 5 Researched-Based Techniques to Pass LET
- How to Remember Better: A Study Tip
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the deadline for filing applications for LET 2023?
The deadline for filing applications for the upcoming September 2023 LET exam is August 24, 2023.
How many units are required to take the LET exam?
Non-education degrees need to have at least 18 units in Professional Education, or a bachelor’s degree in arts and sciences with at least ten units in professional education.
How many times can the LET exam be taken in a year?
We can expect the examination to be conducted in two sessions—one in March and another in September.
For clarifications and concerns, please email the Licensure Division at:
You can also text or call 0975-113-6621.
- Professional Regulation Commission. (n.d.). Teacher Requirements. Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/requirements/teacher
- Professional Regulation Commission. (2023). Schedule of Licensure Examinations for Year 2023. Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/2023-schedule-examination
- Professional Regulation Commission. (2023). Program of the March 2023 Licensure Examination for Professional Teachers (LEPT) [PDF]. Retrieved from PRC.