Philippine Constitution CSE reviewer
1. What do you call the introductory part of the Constitution?
D. Bill of Rights
2. What form of government does the Philippines adopt?
C. neither A nor B
D. both A and B
3. What is the power of the State to take private property for public use upon payment of just compensation?
A. right of confiscation
B. right of limiting resources
C. right of sequestration
D. right of eminent domain
4. Who among the following may issue a warrant of arrest or a search warrant?
A. a senator
B. a judge
C. a congressman
D. the President
5. A foreigner may acquire Filipino citizenship through
D. Visa application
6. The right to vote is also known as ____.
7. How many Senators are there in the Senate?
8. What is the minimum age requirement of a Senator?
9. Which of the following bills do not originate from the House of Representatives?
A. Appropriation bills
B. Revenue of tariff bills
D. Private bills
10. The members of the Lower House are
A. elected by region and by party list
B. elected by region and appointed by the President
C. elected by district and party list
D. elected by district and appointed by the Senators
11. The legislative power of the government shall be vested in the
C. Supreme court
D. all of the above
12. Which of the following may disqualify a person from running for the Presidency?
A. He is sixty years old on the day of the election.
B. He lived abroad five years preceding the election.
C. He has Filipino parents but was born in the United States.
D. He is a registered voter.
13. Which of the following shows the transfer of power should the President be incapable of discharging his duties?
A. President → Vice President → Senate President → House Speaker
B. President → Vice President → Chief Justice → Senate President
C. President → Vice President → Chief Justice → House Speaker
D. President → Vice President → House Speaker → Senate President
14. A member of the Supreme Court
A. must have been a judge of a lower court for fifteen years or more.
B. must have been a judge of the Court of Appeals for ten years.
C. may not be a member of the Philippine Bar.
D. may be a naturalized citizen.
15. The Supreme Court is composed of
A. a Chief Justice and fourteen Associate Justices.
B. two Chief Justices and fourteen Associate Justices.
C. Chief Justice and twelve Associate Justices.
D. Chief Justice and an indefinite number of Associate Justices.
16. Which of the following is a Constitutional Commission?
A. Commission of Human Rights
B. Philippine Commission on Good Government
C. Civil Service Commission
D. Commission on Natural Resources
17. What branch of government has the sole right to initiate all cases of impeachment?
B. Commission on Election
C. House of Representative
18. Which of the following is not removable from office by impeachment?
A. Member of the Supreme Court
B. Member of the Constitutional Commissions
C. The Ombudsman
19. The national language of the Philippines is?
B. English and Filipino
20. Who may propose any amendment to or revision of the Constitution?
A. Congress or a Constitutional Convention
B. Congress and a Constitutional Convention
C. Judiciary and Congress
D. Judiciary and Constitutional Convention
21. What tax is paid by individuals who derived compensation income?
A. Value added tax
B. Excise tax
C. Income tax
D. Real state tax
22. When is the deadline for filing income tax returns for every taxable year?
A. April 15
B. April 30
C. March 15
D. March 30
23. Which of the following statements is true about taxes?
A. It is a voluntary payment.
B. It is payable both in cash and in-kind.
C. It is an enforced contribution.
D. It is based on one’s desire to pay.
24. What tax is imposed on one’s right to transmit property at death, and is measured by the value of the property?
A. Excise tax
B. Withholding tax
C. Donor’s tax
D. Estate tax
25. Which of the following is classified as being a ” Head of the Family” for income tax purposes?
A. a married individual with dependents
B. an unmarried individual with dependents
C. a married individual without dependents
D. an unmarried individual without dependents
26. What Act implements the mandate for the “State to make essential goods, health and other social services available to all the people at an affordable cost?
A. Land Reform Program
B. Generics Act
C. Resettlement Act
D. Freedom Act
27. Which of the following is true about elective local officials?
A. The term of office is three years.
B. Barangay officials’ term of office is indefinite
C. An official may be reelected indefinitely
D. An official may not serve for less than three terms
28. What may be classified as alienable lands of the public domain?
B. mineral funds
C. national park
D. agricultural lands
29. What is the maximum equity for aliens in a corporation or association in the exploration development and utilization of natural resources?
A. 60 %
B. 40 %
C. 50 %
D. 30 %
30. What is recognized by the State as the foundation of the nation?
|1. C||11. B||21. C|
|2. C||12. B||22. A|
|3. C||13. A||23. C|
|4. B||14. A||24. D|
|5. A||15. A||25. B|
|6. A||16. C||26. B|
|7. B||17. C||27. A|
|8. D||18. D||28. D|
|9. C||19. D||29. B|
|10. C||20. A||30. C|
Other CSE-related reviewers
|Philippine Constitution Reviewer||No. of Items|
|General Information||30 items|