Get a sense of the LET/LEPT testing questions set for Professional Education. Choose to download the PDF or answer the quiz via Google Quiz.
TestPinoy created these full-blown mock test reviewers to determine whether or not you have the knowledge necessary to be an entry-level educator in the Philippines school system.
This will allow you to view which areas your strengths lie and areas of improvement to pass the licensure exam.
Prof Ed sample questions
There are 50 multiple-choice questions. Choose the best answer. Each correct answer is worth one (1) point.
1. If you are to determine if you realized your intended learning outcomes, which of the following portfolios would you require?
a. evaluation portfolio
b. development portfolio
c. showcase portfolio
d. assessment portfolio
2. Which of the following is correct about the Median?
a. It is a measure of variability
b. It is the most stable measure of central tendency
c. It is 2-second quartile
d. It is significantly affected by extreme scores
3. When comparing the variability of two sets of scores, which is best?
c. Standard Deviation
d. Coefficient of Variation
4. When computing for the final grade in a learning area, K to 12 utilizes:
c. Norm-referenced grading
d. Zero-based grading
5. Based on DepEd’s present grading system, which assessment is/are used to grade students?
I. Formative assessment
II. Summative assessment
III. Assessment of Learning
a. I only
b. I and II
c. I and III
d. I, II, and III
6. Teacher Jenny adheres to the idea that her students do not need to know the learning outcomes of her lessons. She proceeds to give activities without letting them know what they were supposed to learn for the day. What principle of learning does Teacher Jenny violate?
a. Learning is the discovery of the personal meaning of ideas.
b. Learning is an active process
c. Learning is a cooperative and collaborative process
d. Effective learning begins with setting clear expectations and learning outcomes
7. To achieve meaningful teaching and process, it is best to link and relate the lesson to the life of the student by integrating a relevant value in the lesson. Which among the following agrees with this principle?
a. Share lesson objectives/outcomes with students.
b. Write SMART lesson objectives
c. Lesson objectives/outcomes integrated with 2 or 3 domains-cognitive, skill, and effective learning.
d. Begin with the goal/objective in mind
8. Teacher C asks students to break down, critically examine and investigate a concept or problem. This demonstrates what kind of learning?
9. This learning episode includes documentation that is complete, clear, and well-organized.
a. Assignment submitted before the deadline
c. Analysis of learning episodes
10. Teacher Rina does not have drills out of context. Instead, she gives real-world Math problems for the learners to drill on. This act of Teacher Ivy is rooted in which principle of learning?
a. Effective learning begins with the setting of expectations and learning of outcomes.
b. Learning is the discovery of personal meaning and relevant ideas.
c. Learning is an active process.
d. Learning is a cooperative and collaborative process.
11. A bulletin board display has many colors and arrangement that catches and hold interest. What criteria is being exemplified in this situation?
12. Among the activities below, which activity demonstrates collaborative learning?
a. group project concepts and application
b. student group takes drills
c. student group take a field trip
d. teacher tutorial on students’ groups
13. As a classroom manager, Teacher A required each of his students to stand and give their seatwork individually to him before the bell rings for dismissal. What component of classroom management did he establish?
14. Which among the following is NOT a responsibility of the Learning Resource / Audiovisual / Educational Technology Centers of a school?
a. Make available technology equipment for use of students and teachers.
b. Work with teachers in producing instructional materials.
c. Conduct training for teachers on the use of technology tools.
d. Accomplish student’s technology projects for them.
15. What questioning technique is used by Teacher A when he asked the learners a series of questions that serves to explore, look into, and inquire?
16. In classroom management, this is the immediate and effective way to address three misbehaving students.
a. Assign them a separate seat
b. Detain three after class
c. Stop classes till the three-stop misbehaving
d. Send them to the guidance room
17. Which among the situations demonstrates an integration of the teacher’s technological, pedagogical, and content knowledge in preparing a Math lesson for Grade 4 students?
a. makes students find apps on the internet and share them with classmates.
b. makes students watch videos downloaded from YouTube and ask them to summarize the video.
c. evaluates Math apps on multiplication, matches them with their learner’s skill level demonstrates the use of apps, allows students to explore, and asks students to summarize the lesson.
d. checks math standards of Grade 4 as a basis for answering multiplications exercises on the board.
18. In her science class, how can Teacher May show the plant’s response to sunlight in an inductive manner?
a. Show different kinds of plants and their response to sunlight
b. State the cause and effect of the plant’s exposure to sunlight
c. Explain the plant’s response to sunlight
d. Explain the chemical reaction of the plant to sunlight
19. Among newspaper contents, what can Teacher D utilize to teach critical reading skills to his Grade 6 students?
a. Feature content
b. News content
c. Editorial content
d. Entertainment content
20. What learning area utilizes the demonstration method as its most suitable, effective, and useful vehicle for learning?
b. Social Studies
c. General education
d. Values education
21. Which among the applications below is rooted in B.F. Skinner’s Theory of Operant Conditioning?
a. Computer-assisted instruction
b. Project method
c. Mastery learning
d. Process flow
22. This is the primary goal in displaying statistical data through graphs of differing heights in a Histogram.
a. Data flow
b. Frequency distribution
c. Quantitative value
d. Symbolize figure
23. Which among the activities below is NOT an element for effective direct instruction?
a. ample review and explanation
b. asking a question and checking for understanding
c. proceed in quick and double steps
d. provide systematic feedback and correction
24. Which of the factors below can contribute to the fluency and flexibility in the frameworks of learning that adapt to the dynamic trends and approaches in modern learning?
a. openness to new ideas
b. set standards and rules
c. fixed point of view
d. conformance with authority
25. What mistake is committed by a teacher who lacks clear direction and sequences of activities by going from one activity to another?
26. Teacher Maria made a list of learning activities for her lesson plan, but she did not include_____ because this is a common activity in daily lessons.
b. summative exam
d. buzz session
27. Arrange the steps in strategic instructional planning in chronological order.
I. check materials
II. decide expected outcomes
III. establish content
IV. outline presentation lesson
V. implement instruction
a. III, IV, II, I and V
b. III, II, IV, I and V
c. IV, I, II, III and V
d. II, I, III, IV and V
28. Under the K to 12 Curriculum, what covers the spiral approach in the teaching of Mathematics?
a. teach Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry only to higher grades
b. progressively teach Math concepts from Grade 1 and continued to Grade 10
c. teach Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry in Grades 7, 8, and 10 respectively
d. Give autonomy to schools in choice of Math subjects
29. Teacher Lea is an excellent recordist of knowledge, concepts, subject matter, and content of the curriculum. As a curricularist, she is a _____.
30. In an outcome-based approach to instructions, how can competencies be best demonstrated?
a. varied outcome evidence
b. congruence between objectives
c. continuing monitoring and evaluation
d. high achievement test marks and output
31. What is considered the best feature of Tyler’s Rationale?
a. Planning phase
b. Evaluating the experience
c. Identifying the purpose
d. Organizing the experiences
32. With the influx of technology in the 21 first century, how can students be best re-educated on the ethical use of social media, such as Facebook and mobile texting?
a. integrate social media competencies in the curriculum
b. students monitoring of peers
c. punishment for violators
d. seminar on social media
33. What is the appropriate response for millennials who are more exposed to virtual reality (digital toys and tools) instead of actual reality?
a. no mobile phones in school
b. limits the use of Facebook and texting
c. PTA conference with parents
d. Align learning in the context of reality
34. What school of thought is behind the student-centered approach in teaching which emphasizes discovery learning among students?
35. What best describes the “pwede na” mentality vs excellence in service/work?
a. arduous preparation
b. committed work
c. resignation to mediocrity
d. striving to be the best
36. Several components make up a morally mature person. Which shows that a teacher applies more principles (e.g., the Golden Rule) when making moral judgments?
a. encourages others to share their ideas
b. develops self-esteem
c. reflects on moral choices
d. takes into account the opinions of others
37. “An ounce of experience is better than a ton of theory” was one of John Dewey’s main contentions. This statement underscores the…
a. the need for theory
b. the primacy of experience
c. the need for experience
d. the primacy of theory
38. Of all these programs, this is one in which any member in the community can help?
a. Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education Program
b. Education Service Contracting
c. E- Impact
39. If people live together in peace and harmony by understanding one’s traditions and values, what word will describe the situation?
b. accentuated risk
c. pluralism and diversity
40. “Learning to learn” is best seen in this/these skill/s.
a. to ask and gather data
b. to process and select information
c. to listen and observe
d. to read with understanding
41. A powerful European country supplied weapons to Afghanistan rebels who were fighting a war in the Middle East. Based on the principle of moral discernment, what is the most applicable based on this scenario?
a. principle of double effect
b. principle of material cooperation
c. principle of lesser evil
d. principle of formal cooperation
42. The development of sound judgment, commitment to truth, and the strengthening of the moral fabric of society all belong to this major goal of Philippine education.
b. ethical character
43. A learner must first attain this for him/herself before being able to fully “learn to live and work together”.
a. find peace within oneself
b. love his fellowmen
c. attain an altruistic mind
d. become self-actualized
44. Your students are more interested in a topic that is part of your lesson so you drop your original lesson in favor of what they like. Which philosophy governs your decision?
45. What enables the learner to fully contribute to a peaceful and just society based on the “Learning to do” pillar?
46. Which standardized test is used to measure performance in completed subjects at various grade levels?
a. remedial test
b. achievement test
c. intelligence test
d. aptitude test
47. I have to check if my students were able to produce the expected output against outcomes. Which type of portfolio am I interested to see?
a. assessment portfolio
b. development portfolio
c. showcase portfolio
d. evaluation portfolio
48. If higher education is concerned with outcomes, DepEd is concerned with ___.
a. performance test results
b. subject content results
c. standard and competencies
d. achievement test results
49. What educational philosophy should a teacher emphasize if he wants his students to develop self-responsibility and accountability?
50. Among the active participation of school officials and teachers in the community, which of the following is not appropriate due to prevailing religious sentiments?
a. Literacy assistance for out-of-school children/youths
b. Household campaign for healthful practice
c. Introducing cooperative thrift practices
d. Promoting contraceptives for planned parenthood
|1. A||11. D||21. A||31. C||41. D|
|2. C||12. A||22. B||32. A||42. B|
|3. D||13. A||23. C||33. D||43. B|
|4. B||14. D||24. A||34. B||44. B|
|5. D||15. D||25. D||35. C||45. B|
|6. D||16. A||26. A||36. C||46. B|
|7. C||17. C||27. B||37. B||47. A|
|8. D||18. A||28. B||38. D||48. C|
|9. B||19. C||29. C||39. C||49. B|
|10. B||20. A||30. B||40. C||50. D|
Other Prof Ed reviewers
|Prof Ed Reviewer||No. of Items|
|Prof Ed LET Reviewer: Sample Test 1||50 items|
|Prof Ed LET Reviewer: Sample Test 2||50 items|
|Child and Adolescent Development||50 items|
|Facilitating Learning||50 items|
|Principles of Teaching||50 items|
|Curriculum Development||50 items|
|Teaching Profession||50 items|
|Educational Technology||50 items|
|Social Dimensions||50 items|
|Assessment of Learning||50 items|
Professional Education topics
For the elementary level, Professional Education (Prof Ed) is 60% of the LET/LEPT exam. On the secondary level, Prof Ed covers 40%.
The Professional Education portion of LEPT/LET includes the following core topics:
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Curriculum Development
- Developmental Reading
- Educational Technology
- Facilitating Learning
- Field Study
- Practice Teaching
- Principles of Teaching
- Social Dimensions of Education
- Teaching Profession