This is Part 2 of our Gen Ed Mathematics reviewer. This has 40 multiple-choice questions with the answer key provided at the bottom.
Gen Ed Math reviewer
1. Growing up, you lived in a tiny country village. When you left for college, the population was 745. You recently heard that the population has grown by 200%. What is the present population?
2. On a 150-question examination, a student got 110 correct answers. What percent is the student’s score with respect to the perfect score?
3. Mark wants to save his P10,000 money in the bank which pays a simple interest rate of 8%. How much money will he have after 2 years?
4. It is a figure found by two rays having a common endpoint called a vertex.
A. line segment
5. If a motion is applied to a point until it reaches another point, then the object so formed is called:
A. line segment
6. Which of the following statements is TRUE about angles?
A. Some right angles measure exactly 90 degrees.
B. Straight angle measures exactly 180 degrees.
C. A full angle measures above 270 degrees.
D. All acute angles measures above 90 degrees
7. Two angles are supplementary if their measure equals 180, if angles A and B are supplementary and A=1250, what is the measure of angle B?
A. 65 degrees
B. 55 degrees
C. 45 degrees
D. 75 degrees
8. What is the name of the triangle whose two sides are equal and one angle measures between 900 and 1800?
A. Scalene Right Triangle
B. Isosceles Obtuse Triangle
C. Scalene Obtuse Triangle
D. Isosceles Right Triangle
9. In a triangle ABC, angle A= 650 and angle C= 600. What is the value of angle B?
A. 55 degrees
B. –55 degrees
C. 60 degrees
D. 65 degrees
10. Which of the following quadrilaterals below with exactly one pair of parallel opposite sides?
11. What is the perimeter of a regular hexagon with a side equals 5m?
12. Which of the following mathematical expressions below is a formula for trapezoid?
A. A= 1/2 bh
B. A= 2L + 2W
C. A= bh
D. A=1/2h (a+b)
13. What is the area of a rectangle whose length is equal to 20m and width equal to 10m?
14. What is the sum of the interior angle of a regular pentagon?
A. 720 degrees
B. 900 degrees
C. 180 degrees
D. 540 degrees
15. What is the name of the polygon if the sum of the interior angle measures 900?
16. Sum of the interior angle measures 900, what is the measurement of one of the angles?
A. 90 degrees
B. 150 degrees
C. 112.5 degrees
D. 128.5 degrees
17. How many unique diagonals can be drawn in a pentagon?
18. A piece of wire is shaped to form a rectangle with a length of 15cm and its area is 150 sq. cm. Find the width of the rectangle?
A. 10 cm
B. 135 cm
C. 2250 cm
D. 0.1 cm
19. Which of the following statements is TRUE?
A. A rectangle is a square
B. A parallelogram is a trapezoid
C. A rhombus is a rectangle
D. A square is a rhombus
20. Arrange the following steps in chronological order in conducting a statistical investigation.
1. Presentation of data
2. Analysis of data
3. Collection of data
4. Interpretation of data
21. A hat contains 50 marbles. Of them, 31 are red and 19 are green. if one marble is randomly selected out of this hat, what is the probability that this marble is red?
22. In a group of 70 executives, 25 have a type C personality. If one executive is selected at random from this group, what is the probability that this executive has a type C personality?
23. Maria took a sample of 9 customers at a small stall at J Mall. The following sale amounts in a day are observed: P320, P425, P455, P495, P495, P495, P485, P525 and P328. Maria is asked by her manager to compute for the mean, what would be the appropriate mean value that she should give to her manager given the raw data above?
24. Maria took a sample of 9 customers at a small stall at J Mall. The following sale amounts in a day are observed: P320, P425, P455, P495, P495, P495, P485, P525, and P328. Maria is asked by her manager to find the mode, what would be the appropriate mode value that she should give to her manager given the raw data above?
25. Maria took a sample of 9 customers at a small stall at J Mall. The following sale amounts in a day are observed: P320, P425, P455, P495, P495, P495, P485, P525, and P328. What type of mode is shown above?
D. No Mode
26. Which of the following factors below is the prime factor of 50?
A. 50 • 1
B. 5 • 10
C. 5 • 0
D. 5 • 2 • 5
27. Which of the following statements is NOT TRUE about real numbers?
A. A real number is always positive
B. Integer plus integer is a real number
C. All rational numbers are real numbers
D. Every integer is a real number
28. Find the greatest common factor (GCF) of the numbers 36 and 48.
29. Find the least common multiple (LCM) of the numbers 36 and 48.
30. Find the least common denominator (LCD) of the numbers 25, 15, 10
31. Which of the following is an irrational number?
32. Which of the following mathematical statements below is NOT TRUE?
A. 6 + 8 = 8 + 6
B. 6 • 8 = 8 • 6
C. 6 + 8 = 6 – 8
D. 2 + (4 + 6) = (2 + 4) + 6
33. Which of the given mathematical statements below is NOT TRUE?
A. 8/0 = 0
B. 10 + (-10) = 0
C. 0 ( 0 ) = 0
D. 0/5 = 0
34. Which of the following statements is NOT TRUE about real numbers?
A. All whole numbers are integers
B. π is an example of a rational number
C. Zero is an example of a whole number
D. Decimal is an example of a non-integer.
35. Which of the following statements is NOT CORRECT?
A. all odd numbers are prime numbers
B. Some even numbers are composite numbers
C. All even numbers are multiples of two
D. Some odd numbers are prime numbers
36. Which of the following numbers below is a prime number?
37. Which of the following number is a non-integer?
38. Which of the following numbers will make it true—given the equation –20 + ___ = 0?
39. Which of the following is an improper fraction?
D. 3 3/4
40. Which of the following numbers below is a composite even number?
|1. C||11. B||21. A||31. D|
|2. C||12. D||22. C||32. C|
|3. A||13. C||23. B||33. A|
|4. B||14. D||24. D||34. B|
|5. A||15. C||25. A||35. A|
|6. B||16. D||26. D||36. B|
|7. B||17. A||27. A||37. C|
|8. B||18. A||28. B||38. A|
|9. A||19. D||29. D||39. B|
|10. C||20. C||30. B||40. B|