1. We should never be apathetic towards other people for we have a social responsibility to fulfill.
2. A good leader should be cognizant of the numerous issues that affect his constituents.
3. Always be careful not to issue any disparaging remarks against other people.
4. Flowers are ephemeral; they bloom yet wither a week or so later.
5. A fastidious person will never find true happiness.
6. The Ortigas Center is filled with gargantuan buildings, some having up to 50 floors.
B. old and weak
C. first class
7. Nobody like haughty Monty who kept bragging about his riches.
8. The corrupt policeman was discharged from service due to his ignominious act of accepting bribes.
9. The impudent child was scolded for answering back to older people.
10. Spores are infinitesimal reproductive units of fungi and lower plants.
11. Never trust an insidious person because you’ll never know what goes on his mind.
12. Jessica is an irascible girl who frequently has tantrums.
13. Surgeons should be meticulous, especially when performing operations.
14. Christ teaches us to be concerned about putting up riches in heaven and not to be obsessed with mundane things.
15. Rochelle has difficulty seeing things from afar because she is myopic.
16. Regina, being a child of three, is oblivious to the world around her.
17. Man can never be omniscient like God.
18. The piquant mouse was able to find its way out of the maze in a short while.
19. It is now plausible to say that someday, interplanetary travel will no longer be impossible.
20. A prudent person is not easily deceived.
21. “Spare the rod and spoil the child” is a common aphorism.
B. battle cry
22. Charmaine’s deportment is highly commendable.
23. For enmity and hate are contrary to friendship and concord.
B. mutual hatred
24. The Filipino’s fortitude is the reason why he seldom complains.
25. Poverty should never be viewed as an impediment towards attaining a good education.
26. The students were upbraided for misbehaving during the assembly.
27. Urbane people are appalled by rude behavior.
28. Clowns are never vapid but the sick usually are.
A. lively and energetic
B. lacking spirit and liveliness
29. The client was asked to verify the veracity of the statement of accounts issued.
30. Dentists believe that babies should be weaned from feeding bottles as soon as possible to prevent malformation of the infant’s erupting teeth.
A. get used to
B. develop hatred for
C. free from dependence
D. make more dependent
31. Some people believe that Balete Drive is haunted because a wraith of a woman appears there.
32. She looks unkempt with her wavy coarse hair falling freely behind her back.
C. prim and proper
33. The room is topsy-turvy as if a hurricane just passed through.
34. Sherlock Holmes is a famous sleuth.
35. Mindy rummaged through the chest of old clothes for something usable to donate.
A. searched through
B. wandered through
C. passed through
36. Only a ruffian could do such a heinous act of killing a helpless child.
A. an insane person
B. a brutal person
C. a lovable person
D. a confused person
37. To augment the policemen’s income, the government allowed them to take part-time jobs.
38. A person’s reputation is very important to be very careful not to calumniate anybody.
39. The footprints were effaced when the floor was mopped.
40. The plane overshot the runway and landed in a ditch.
A. passed through
B. passed by
C. went beyond
D. did not reach
|1. A||9. D||17. A||25. D||33. A|
|2. A||10. C||18. B||26. C||34. C|
|3. C||11. B||19. A||27. A||35. A|
|4. D||12. C||20. C||28. B||36. B|
|5. B||13. A||21. C||29. A||37. A|
|6. D||14. B||22. B||30. C||38. D|
|7. A||15. D||23. B||31. D||39. B|
|8. B||16. D||24. A||32. D||40. C|
Other English CSE reviewer
|CSE English Reviewer||No. of Items|
|Single-word Analogy||40 items|
|Double-word Analogy||40 items|
|Paragraph Development||10 items|
|Grammar and Correct Usage||40 items|